by a Thinker, Sailor, Blogger, Irreverent Guy from Madras

Painting home equals neglected blog

In the bargain, the blog rating comes down from 94 to 61, and the number of readers takes a sharp dip - not that this blog can boast of overwhelming readership.

So after about Rs. 12,000 (~ US $ 250) worth of paint has been bought an applied, with an almost equal amount spent on labour, the bedrooms and kitchen are looking a lot better.  Which is about 40% of the apartment.  Over this week and a few days in next week, the rest 60% should be taken care of.  Meanwhile, as mentioned earlier, the blog is getting whitewashed.  Perhaps it is time to seduce someone else to become a co-author.

Here is the East bedroom, before and after.



And the West Bedroom before and after.



BTW the colour choice is entirely mine, selected, matched and re-matched over several hours from the Asian Paints colour spectra webpage.

For anyone interested, the walls were sandpapered with 180 emery paper and 1 coat of interior emulsion was applied for surface preparation (even though the earlier paint too was acrylic emulsion).

The rest of the colours are (Acrylic Premium Emulsion):
  • Ceiling (all) - White with blue tinge
  • West bedroom - left and far wall - Spectre of Pink - 8147
  • West bedroom - balcony wall & beam - Lemon Soufflé - 7773
  • East bedroom - left and far wall - Autumn Valley - 7898
  • East bedroom - right wall - Cozy Cabin - 8509
  • East bedroom - balcony wall and beam - Quartz Illusion - 7162
  • Premium gloss enamel on
    • Window Iron Grilles - Happy Hyacinth - 7110


  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  2. This is impeccable decision for the individuals who ordinarily do substantial cleaning activities. It is additionally very helpful thinking of you as don't have to stress over an electrical source.

  3. It is not uncommon for hidden moisture to go undetected. When water damage is improperly mitigated, the conditions for the hazardous cultivation of mold growth might occur.
    water damage cleanup companies

  4. A wet basement spells trouble for homeowners because the water saturates the building materials it touches.water damage cleanup companies in Falls Church Virginia

  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

  6. Regardless of whether you believe that you could do the paintjob yourself, procuring experts is as yet recommendable. Tarpon Springs painting company This is to guarantee that the result of the paintjob will be exceptional and noteworthy.

  7. I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have specified. I needed to thank you for this extraordinary article. Top Gutter company in Raleigh NC

  8. I personally like your post; you have shared good insights and experiences. Keep it up. Gutter Contractors

  9. Believe it or not, it is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. It matches to my requirements a lot. Thank you for writing this information. Appliance Repair And Installation Home Remodeling

  10. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Des Moines Iowa sell my Code Violation home fast

  11. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. sửa chữa nhà tại hà nội

  12. I am always looking for some free kinds of stuff over the internet. There are also some companies which give free samples. But after visiting your blog, I do not visit too many blogs. Thanks. Empresa de reformas de oficinas

  13. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Las Vegas

  14. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. most efficient toilet


Support - Donate

Your Blog is

Donate thro ECWID

Contact Form

Follow by Email